Skip to main content

How do we determine the correct freelance writing opportunities?

 

Hi buddies! Rejab is here with another blog post and I am going to discuss a few things that are related to my bad freelance writing career. Why I am using the term bad freelance career. A long story behind that.


Might be some other day I will open my heart in front of you. Okay, coming back to the topic, selecting the right opportunities for freelancing. Here I am going to tell you about the mistakes that I had already made but I want you not to make such sort of mistakes like me.



Command on skills

First of all, You should have a grasp on the skills you have. It could be Content Writing, Graphic Designing, WordPress Development, Auto CAD, etc. There is no need to hurry to apply for jobs. I used to do the same mistakes. When I learn Content Writing from YouTube. I impatiently applied for several jobs, without knowing how to apply. 


Let me give you an example: If a client posted a job on Facebook freelancing groups I need a content writer with the requirements like send your resume on this email or inbox your samples and pay rate. What people used to do is like the post and comment over there (I am interested). He is demanding the resume and samples on Gmail or in your inbox and what you are doing, commenting (I am interested). You are not following applying job procedure. You are doing bullsh*t. It won't work. 



Selecting Relevant Writing Samples

The worst truth about my writing journey is sending irrelevant samples to the clients. If he wants an affiliate article and you are sending a product description sample. Do you think he will hire you? Hell No. Read carefully what s' the client demands. Send him an affiliate article sample instead of a product description or blog post sample. He doesn't have enough time to check your writing style and tone he just wants the freelancer knows how to write a perfect affiliate article. You are able to solve his problems related to the article that's it. You lose the opportunity by sending him the wrong sample so take care of this point.




Which freelance writing platform is worth it for you?


Don't start your freelance writing journey from international freelance markets like Upwork and Fiverr. I am not saying this they are not made for you but for this that you are just starting out, handling international clients and the marketplace will be difficult for you. International freelance marketplaces are worth earning but for those who have enough experience with local clients and international clients as well.



I am on an international freelance market and still struggling, why? because I couldn't find any local clients and desperately jump for foreign clients. Moving from lower level to higher level will take time. It will never happen overnight. Opportunities only work when you are using your intelligence in the right direction.


P.S. I think for today it is pretty much it. Stay tuned for the next blog post. I will share some more facts about freelance writing :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of being a social media management service provider?

In today's world, having a good social media presence is important for businesses to succeed. As people want more interesting online content, they also need people who are good at managing social media. This article will talk about social media management and how it can help businesses create a strong online presence and connect with their audience. 1. Enhancing Brand Visibility and Awareness With the vast number of users on popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, businesses have an unprecedented opportunity to increase their brand's visibility. Social media management service providers can strategically craft and schedule engaging posts, ensuring your brand remains active and visible, even when you're not. 2. Building a Loyal Community One of the core objectives of social media management is to foster a loyal community around your brand. Rejab believes that this is achieved through consistent engagement with followers, responding to ...

Admitting Mistakes makes a Girl Strong

I had some thoughts to share with you! As most people know that I was  studying in co-ed at Star Institute Lahore GRW Campus. In Eng s lecture, I  used to mispronounce my words, and my respected teacher point out my mistakes  in front of boys. I never felt ashamed that the boys were sitting with me.  I’m not insulted at all. Why? Because I wanna improve myself. Now when  I think about it, I feel very good that I used to admit my mistakes and now  I am able to pronounce those words correctly. My observation about girls I have observed in people especially girls, feel very disrespectful when someone  points out their mistakes. Girls are very sensitive. I can understand because I am  a girl too, but we are not living in an era, where girls should act weak and  sensitive. The world is very cruel. We should become enough strong to face  failure. Girls consider people as enemies who ask them to help and they do but  our sensitive girls be...

The Path to Online Business Success in 2023

  Let's explore a thrilling adventure together! Uncover your speciality, perfect your abilities and establish your individual identity. Captivate your followers, unleash your exceptional selling point, and observe your expertise skyrocket. It's time to transform your aspirations into actuality Following are the 10-pointers that I wrote for you so that you can grab the concept ASAP. 1. Discover Your Unique Market Segment Identify a niche that sets you apart from the competition. 2. Master Your Expertise Develop a deep understanding of your skills and talents. 3. Gain Valuable Experience Seek opportunities to enhance your expertise through practical application. 4. Cultivate Your Personal Brand Create a distinctive identity that reflects your values and expertise. 5. Foster a Growing Audience Engage with your target audience and cultivate a loyal following. 6. Unleash the Power of Your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) Identify and leverage what makes your business truly exception...